Unable to save port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 22:16:50
Tags: #Bug
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

No idea why, but I can't save a port forwarding rule. 

Running latest firmware and so on. 

I go to Advanced > NAT forwarding > Port forwarding. 

There I enter a rule. But when I choose/select an internal IP from the list, I am unable to proceed: the 'Ready' button on the top right does nothing. 

Any ideas? I tried rebooting but no luck...

Options
19 Reply
Re:Unable to save port forwarding
2023-04-21 01:07:19 - last edited 2023-04-25 11:20:31

.  @Mikkelnl 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you using IOS APP?  If yes, this issue will be fixed on the new IOS version later.

Currently, there are two solutions available:

1. When selecting the internal IP, please click"use custom IP address", then manually add the IP address and MAC address.

2. The Official Deco IOS APP 3.3.42 has been released today and please update the Deco APP directly in App Store.--Updated

2. Or please install the following beta APP:https://testflight.apple.com/join/L9UuHAwB

>>How to install the beta App in IOS via TestFlight

You could withdraw the beta APP by clicking "Stop Testing" on TestFlight.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-04-23 21:22:12

@David-TP 

I am having the same issue. The beta app did not fix it

Options
2023-04-24 11:11:15

@Mikkelnl 

I'm also having the same issue when selecting the "use client IP Address"

you also can't create port forwarding rules for IP's that are outside of your DHCP scope.

I could do it in the past and I have rules in place for IP's outside of my DHCP scope. Those rules seem to be failing too. 

Options
2023-04-25 11:16:55

@Mikkelnl Hi, just some more info on the issue. 

My DHCP scope on my deco is set to automatically allocate IP addresses between 192.168.X.100 -250

If I try create a port forwarding rule for any IP addresses outside of the DHCP scope (192.168.x.2 - 99) it doesn't allow you to save the port forwarding rule. Event if I try create it manually by selecting the "Use Custom IP Address" it won't allow me to save the rule. It gives me an error saying I can only use IPs within the DHCP scope to create the rule. 

This worked in the past.

If is select a device within the DHCP scope (192.168.x.100 - 250) it actually allows me to save the rule. 

Please assist as I also have a feeling that the rules that I previously had in place for my home assistant port forwarding have stopped working. Because my duckDNS has all of a sudden stopped working in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I even re-installed and re-setup my Home Assistant and duckDNS but it's still failing. 

Options
2023-04-25 11:18:25

@Drausi  for the first two issues mentioned here:

1. When choosing/selecting an internal IP from the list, the APP is unable to proceed: the 'Ready' button on the top right does nothing. 
  2. It is not allowed to add port range via the dash.

They could be fixed by the beta firmware 3.3.42.https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/606638?replyId=1200344

(I noticed today, the official Deco IOS APP 3.3.42 has been released and you could install it directly in the APP Store.)

As for the last issue, "Use Custom IP address", which allows to manually add IP and MAC address,  is added in 3.3.18 on Android and 3.3.38/3.3.41 on IOS. I checked all these three versions and ever since the first release, it is not allowed to input IP addresses out of DHCP range.

Hi,  @McAllstar, do you still remember which version allows adding IP addresses out of the DHCP range?

If you want to set up a static IP address on the client, it is suggested to pick one within the DHCP range. Then reserve this IP for the client first under Address Reseration and Open the ports later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-25 12:18:41

@David-TP thanks for the response. HERE GOES my ESSAY for you to read, appreciate the support. 

@Drausi  for the first two issues mentioned here:

1. When choosing/selecting an internal IP from the list, the APP is unable to proceed: the 'Ready' button on the top right does nothing. 
  2. It is not allowed to add port range via the dash.

They could be fixed by the beta firmware 3.3.42.https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/606638?replyId=1200344

(I noticed today, the official Deco IOS APP 3.3.42 has been released and you could install it directly in the APP Store.)

I updated the app earlier this morning ( to version 3.3.42) when I woke up and my port forwarding is not working and I still cannot access my DuckDNS server anyomre. 

As for the last issue, "Use Custom IP address", which allows to manually add IP and MAC address,  is added in 3.3.18 on Android and 3.3.38/3.3.41 on IOS. I checked all these three versions and ever since the first release, it is not allowed to input IP addresses out of DHCP range.

thanks, interesting because I haven't changed my DHCP servers for a long time and I have a few systems running outside of the DHCP scope because I also kept on getting IP address conflicts. 

Hi,  @McAllstar, do you still remember which version allows adding IP addresses out of the DHCP range? I'm really not sure, I generally update all my apps when the updates are avaialble and I have been running the duckdns for over a year and it has just worked up until a few weeks ago. 

If you want to set up a static IP address on the client, it is suggested to pick one within the DHCP range. Then reserve this IP for the client first under Address Reseration and Open the ports later. I did this initially however I was getting IP conflics even thought I had the reservations in place. 

I'm also wondering if the setup that I'm running could be an issue. However lots of people on youtube etc have the same setup and don't have issues. 

I have a mabook with OS X ventura (IP 192.168.xx.11 mac address: dc:a9:04:8b:a6:0c ) running UTM which allows me to create virtual machines on the macbook. In UTM I created a Debian VM (IP 192.168.xx.10 mac address: dc:a9:04:8b:a6:0c ) and installed home assistant on the VM. The network adapter is set to bridged.

When I run the LanScan app on my macbook(see below screenshot) it picks up the macbook (IP 192.168.xx.11 mac address: dc:a9:04:8b:a6:0c ) and the Debian VM's on the network with the same mac address's - could this maybe be an issue on the app that it maybe detects a duplicate mac address? 

LanScan shows the macbook and the Debian VM but the mac address is the same. 

When I look in the TP-Link app and i look at connected clients I only see this device (IP 192.168.xx.11 mac address: dc:a9:04:8b:a6:0c) as an onling client

I don't see the (IP 192.168.xx.10 mac address: dc:a9:04:8b:a6:0c) listed as an online client. However I can ping it. 

I also don't see it in the address reservations, I only see the (IP 192.168.xx.11 mac address: dc:a9:04:8b:a6:0c)

The Debian VM does allocate a virtual mac address however the network doesn't pick it up. 

Options
2023-04-25 12:33:53

@Mikkelnl 

Hello, I've already tried the beta version 3.3.42 but it doesn't work either.

Options
2023-04-27 06:11:42

@Drausi 

Hi, Thanks for the update. I think your issue might be not the same as  @Mikkelnl and if possible, could you please record a video clip about what happened on the Deco APP, then please refer to this link to submit the APP log and attach the video clip together with the log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much,

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-27 06:32:24

@McAllstar Thanks for the essay, and there are quite a lot of details.

Did you run the Home Assistant DuckDNS add-on over the Macbook Debian VM and the port forwarding is to access the DuckDNS server outside of the internet?

Do you still have Deco M4-v2-1.5.6? Personally, I don't this issue is due to the APP upgrade but since the firmware of Deco M4 has not changed for a while, there isn't something suspicious. Currently, since both 192.168.x.10/11 are out of the DHCP range, so I wonder if you manually expand the DHCP range to 192.168.x.10-250, then manually add the IP 192.168.x.10 with MAC address 5e:xx:xx:54:6b:53, will the remote access to DuckDNS server start working or not?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-27 09:38:07

@David-TP 

Hello, i think it is the same!

Running latest firmware and so on. 

I go to Advanced > NAT forwarding > Port forwarding. 

There I enter a rule. But when I choose/select an internal IP from the list, I am unable to proceed: the 'Ready' button on the top right does nothing. 

this is exactly the same problem i have.
When can we expect a solution here?

I'm trying to make a video today, but as I said it's the same problem. Please urgently for a solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3637

Replies: 19

Tags

Bug
Related Articles