Slow Ethernet Speed after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 03:11:16
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20230220 Rel. 71494(5553)

After updating the firmware the ethernet speed slowed down to a crawl while wi-fi speed remained normal. I changed the Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting from auto negotiation to 1000 Mbps Full Duplex which seems to have restored the lan speed. Is this normal? Why would this happen?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow Ethernet Speed after firmware update
2023-04-26 06:02:36

@ChatServ 

This kind of issue is quite often caused by the ethernet cable or RJ-45 connectors quality or crimping process.

You did what you had to do in such case - here's the troubleshooting guide for this kind of issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Slow Ethernet Speed after firmware update
2023-04-27 01:58:55

@terziyski Before changing the 1000Mbps setting i replaced the cables just in case even though they were working fine before the firmware update. Not sure if the update added or changed some settings. Either way all seems fine at the moment. I do plan to upgrade my router eventually.

Options