Network name on windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network name on windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network name on windows
Network name on windows
2023-05-03 18:46:38
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hey,

i recently got myself an archer ax53 and im connected via lan cable

ik its just a cosmetic problem but my internet connection is simply called "network" when i inspect it..

any idea how to change that? is that even related to the router settings or its a windows thing

btw when i initially set up my router i used 192.168.1.1 and it worked just fine, now it seems like that doesnt work and only 192.168.0.1 works instead, weirdly enough

idk if that makes a difference but feel free to tell me if it does..

Options
2 Reply
Re:Network name on windows
2023-05-03 23:33:59

@neozyy 

Go through this FAQ to see how you can rename your network name under Windows OS.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Network name on windows
2023-05-04 18:08:33 - last edited 2023-05-04 18:08:53

@neozyy 

Just an additional note. 

It seems in Windows 10 (maybe also 8 and 11?) Microsoft has removed the "easy" way to rename a network.

But in case your Windows 10 is the Professional version (or I guess anything higher than the Home version should do as well), then another way to change the network name is via the Group Policy Editor that can be started by invoking "gpedit.msc". Once there just do like illustrated in the screenshot below.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 2

Related Articles