Access point problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point problems
Access point problems
2023-05-04 18:06:09 - last edited 2023-05-05 01:22:48
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, I provide network services to small businesses in Argentina. I install a wired network with a mikrotik router and place TP LINK TL-WR841HP routers in access point mode in places where WiFi is needed. But when I put more than 1 TP-Link router the problems start: The network becomes very slow, both for clients who access via WiFi, and for those who access by cable. If I disconnect the TP-Link routers everything goes back to normal for a while, but if I connect them the problems start again. For example, when I ping it shows me times of 50m when the normal is <1m. This has happened to me with several clients and I have had to disconnect the TP-Link access points. Could it be that I am doing something wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point problems
2023-05-04 22:47:14 - last edited 2023-05-11 23:41:51

@Southware 

There's nothing special about configuring TL-WR841H in AP mode - use this guide for setting it up.

You cable connection should be as follows: Mikrotik router LAN port => TL-WR841H Internet (blue) port.

Don't forget to disable TL-WR841H DHCP server if you use your Mikrotik router as a DHCP server already.

If the issue persists check/change you cabling and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 1

Related Articles