Archer C80 with RE300 in Easymesh - Connectivity issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 15:52:13 - last edited 2023-05-06 02:27:23
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38878n(5553)

Hi @Kevin_Z

I am using new EasyMesh firmware from the beta version in my Archer C80. Currently using the official latest version. I have RE300 in my work room and Archer C80 in dining room, both are configured with Easymesh / Onemesh. Ever since beta version I am facing a piculer problem from my Laptops.I have two Laptops (HP PowerBook 440 and Asus Vivobook Pro), and when ever I try to connect to the 5G access point, laptops are always getting connected to Archer C80, even with the better signal from RE300. I have shared all the information earlier in the following post.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/591722?replyId=1159248

In my Asus Laptop, there is on settings avaiable, which always forcefully connect to the router with best signal, if i enable it, then only it connects to the RE300.

This suppose to be done automatically, without using any applications, and strangly this issue gets resolved if I downgrade the router firmware with Onemesh firmware in Archer C80.

This is really irritating, as I am getting less than 20% of the actual internet speed with multiple drops, I use HP laptop for office works, which don't have any such tool like Asus.

Is this issue can be resolved, please help me with this.

Regards,
Saugata D.

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C80 with RE300 in Easymesh - Connectivity issue
2023-05-06 02:25:06

Hello @iAmSaugata 

Thank you for reminding.

Yes, I remember the issue you reported months ago and I forwarded the case to our engineers for further follow-up since this issue may need further debugging.

I've reminded the engineer again who was following it up with you, and he will reply to look it up ASAP.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1

Related Articles