X60 in access point mode completely unusable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-09 17:10:57
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

For a few years I have been running a mesh home wireless network using three M9Plus units in Access Point mode. The configuration: Cable modem -->(cable)--> Archer C7 with WiFi disabled, used as router --> (cable) --> Main M9Plus unit -->(wireless) --> 2 M9Plus units. This setup has been reasonably stable (one notable exception: bringing up the network after a power outage is royal pain the the neck) but somewhat slow so I decided to upgrade to X60. I've added X60 to deco app and defined it as a main deco. Unfortunately the network became totally unstable, secondary deco units refused to connect, devices throughout the house started to drop WiFi connection. After a lot of digging I discovered that the moment I switch X60 to wireless router mode it starts the work properly. When I go back to Access point mode the network becomes unstable again. Just to be sure the X60 is the root cause of the problem I removed all secodary decos. Even in this configuration - a single X60 in access point mode connected by cable to my router - it is completely unstable to the point it is unusable.

All devices are on the latest available firmware. 1.5.1

Is my X60 faulty ot this is a known issue? Any solutions/workarounds?

Options
2 Reply
Re:X60 in access point mode completely unusable
2023-05-10 06:53:40

@TheRegister 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Would the main Deco X60 turn red during the disconnection?

2. How about the dropping frequency of Deco X60?

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
Re:X60 in access point mode completely unusable
2023-08-23 00:29:28

In my case, I had three Deco AX1800 X20 (v3) running in access point mode just fine before an ISP outage a few weeks ago.  It is connected to TP-LINK ER7206 Router.  After the ISP restored the Internet, the WiFi didn't work at all while all cable connected devices were fine.  It does not work in Access Point Mode any longer.  When I change the mode to Access Point Mode, all Deco units are rebooted and turned to red.  Even with the main deco unit alone, the access point mode doesn't work.  I had a wireless Pihole, but it is not working any longer until I set up a wired Pihole.  I have checked the Firmware update.  The app says they are all up-to-date.  

Configuration

ISP Cable Modem --> ER7206 --> Main Deco x20 --- (wireless) --> satellite deco x20

|

+------(wireless) --> satellite deco x20

I hope I can get some support on this issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 243

Replies: 2

Related Articles