X20 not getting internet after firmware update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X20 not getting internet after firmware update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:X20 not getting internet after firmware update?
2023-08-07 09:17:35

@David-TP 

My fiber modem is:

ICOTERA I6851

It is in bridge mode and is working with no problem with the router delivered from the internet provider.

As stated it is only on restart (modem and/or deco) the internet fails. When first plugging in the original modem, obtaining internet. Then switching to deco the deco re-obtains internet connection.

As mentioned I have set up cloned MAC address (no luck). My internet provider uses VLAN tagging (this have been setup and working al the time).

The problem is when either the power is down or a simple restart is needed one has to plug in plug out the original router to obtain internet acces? That is a bit trouble some.

The only thing that was changed was the recent firmware update. Unfortunately I am not sure what version I was using before? So going back could also hold a risk that it was an earlier update which introduced the problem? And then a lot of downgrading is needed? 

It seems like the deco is unable to obtain the correct addresses on its own? But if the original modem does it first it is working? 

Any other suggestions? 

Options
Related Articles