M4 base unit crashing, no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-31 10:45:26 - last edited 2023-05-31 10:46:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20221229 Rel. 72252

Hi,

We keep losing internet connection and as far as I can tell, it's the base unit of the network (3 units) that is going down. If I'm connected to the base unit my WiFi connection drops, if I'm connected to one of the satellite units the WiFi stays up but I have no internet. A reboot of the base unit only fixes the issue but I'm having to reboot at least once a day now. Units are connected wirelessly, they haven't been moved and were working fine previously.

When the base unit is down I can connect directly to the web interface of the satellite units by IP but not to the base unit. In the app either I can't connect to the network at all, or it shows the base unit as not connected to the satellites. I don't think there's any issue with the actual internet connection or ISP modem.

Any ideas - I did a factory reset on all units yesterday but the issue recurred again this morning and I had to reboot the base unit again. The system is under 3 years old so I believe it is in warranty. One thing I have noted when connected to the web-interface of the base unit is that the CPU is frequently spiking to 100% but I don't know if that is normal/expected.

system info:

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4 base unit crashing, no internet
2023-06-01 06:41:55

@LiamK 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would any Deco turn solid/flashing red during the disconnection?

May I know how many online clients you have? 

It is suggested to change a different Deco as the main Deco and install the beta firmware in the direct messages to see whether it helped.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:M4 base unit crashing, no internet
2023-06-01 07:14:04

@LiamK

Interesting. I'm having an almost identical problem, on the most recent release we've suffered a lack of stability for the main unit and it is requiring a frequent reboot to re-establish internet connectivity with the hard-wired adjacent router.

My config... 

and the network map... a further complication

Device roaming between the different deco units in the mesh array is either non-functional or extremely laggy.
We find we often have to force a device disconnect and reconnect in order for the correct/nearest wifi host within the mesh array to establish at proper speed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 322

Replies: 2

Related Articles