M4 Base unit crashes

M4 Base unit crashes
M4 Base unit crashes
2024-06-12 09:32:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7

previous thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/610660

still having this issue. I've upgraded to the beta 1.7 firmware and scheduled a nightly reboot but this has not resolved the issue.

I have noticed that the base unit is still routing traffic after crashing, i.e. if I set a manual IP, gateway and external DNS servers on my laptop, I can access the internet and the base unit responds to pings. But the web interface, DNS and DHCP services on the base unit are all down.

As a troubleshooting measure I've switched my network to Access Point mode with the broadband modem now doing DNS and DHCP, so if the base unit does crash, at least internet access should stay up. 

Is this a known issue - the system worked fine for the first 18 month or so I had it, so can only assume a FW upgrade has broken something, or some table in the system is filling up and causing it to crash...

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 Base unit crashes
2024-07-05 08:05:53

@LiamK 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you tried to set a different Deco M4 as the main Deco to see whether the same issue started again?

If the crash issue stays the same unit, I think you could contact the retailer or local technical support to see whether it is still under warranty.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Options