Deco M4 crashes on 5Ghz network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 17:56:58
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 Build 20210916 Rel. 56193

I've set up my (brand new) Deco M4 instead of my older E4 as the main router for my home network.

I've ran into a lot of issues with it, being stuck in a reset loop and after many troubleshooting attempts I managed to figure out that if I disable the 5ghz network option, the deco functions properly.

I even tried to disable the 5ghz option from the main network and use it only on the guest network, but it still crashes whenever I try to connect using a 5ghz network of the deco unit.

The logs aren't that helpful, since no logs are kept after it being reset from the crash, unless I'm not reading them right.

I'd appreciate any help with this case.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 crashes on 5Ghz network
2022-02-11 06:28:17

@sharon-dorot 

Hi, before using M4 as the main Deco, were you having the same issue on Deco E4?

Could you please try to install the firmware of Deco M4 on this link to see if it could help a little bit:

Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub

Options