Tether App - Easymesh - ethernet backhaul Archer C80

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 09:57:31 - last edited 2023-07-13 17:40:06
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38878n(4555)

Hi, using 2x Archer C80's for Easymesh network, when I view the satelite C80 via the Tether App that is connected via Ethernet backhaul I get this screen, it seems the App does not recognise the wired backhaul connection, when will the App be updated? It would also be useful to see what devices are connected the satelite C80 from this screen?

Below is what I see via the web interface of the Main router under "easymesh" option.

Thanks

Kevin

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether App - Easymesh - ethernet backhaul Archer C80-Solution
2023-07-13 10:17:20 - last edited 2023-07-13 17:40:06

@klipse 

OK. You can get the pre-released version from this thread that I have just created:

Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

Do let me know if this helps or if there is an issue with this version. Thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Tether App - Easymesh - ethernet backhaul Archer C80
2023-06-20 16:20:19

@Kevin_Z or TP link any feedback? 

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
2023-07-13 07:57:51

Hello @klipse 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community. Sorry that I didn't notice your post here. Please make sure you tag me or Sunshine here if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

Regarding the Ethernet Backhaul display issue on the Tether App, can you please help confirm the below detail? We will also test to confirm if there is an issue with the Tether App when displaying the EasyMesh status. Thank you.

1. How are the two C80s connected to each other, via LAN - WAN, or LAN - LAN?

2. What is the Tether App version? Make sure it's up-to-date.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-13 08:13:48

@Kevin_Z 

Hi 

Thanks for the update and no problems with the delay in replying.

Answers to your questions are:

1) How are the two C80s connected to each other, via LAN - WAN, or LAN - LAN? - Connected LAN to WAN

2) What is the Tether App version? Make sure it's up-to-date. Using Tether App version 4.2.4 (build 305) on iPhone 12, Apps are all up to date.

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-07-13 08:54:09

@klipse 

I have tested and confirmed that the Ethernet Backhaul displays correctly on Tether App. Check below:

The only difference that I may be aware of is the firmware of the C80. I'm using the latest 1.13.1 version, which is preparing to be released soon. If you're willing to try it now, I can share it with the community.

Please let me know if you prefer to wait for the official release or get the pre-released version now.

Options
2023-07-13 09:06:28

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks, I'm happy to get the pre released version now, no problems. Please share it with us.

Let me know.

Thanks

Kevin

Options
Re:Tether App - Easymesh - ethernet backhaul Archer C80-Solution
2023-07-13 10:17:20 - last edited 2023-07-13 17:40:06

@klipse 

OK. You can get the pre-released version from this thread that I have just created:

Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

Do let me know if this helps or if there is an issue with this version. Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-13 11:54:05

@Kevin_Z 

thanks will give it a try and report back.

Options
2023-07-13 17:39:50

@Kevin_Z 

Ive updated both my C80 routers and all is good, I now have the same images on the Tether App as you previously posted, many thanks and keep up the good work.

thanks

Options
2023-07-14 01:17:11

@klipse 

That's great. Please explore more with the new firmware and report to let me know if there is anything new that comes up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 862

Replies: 9

Related Articles