Connectivity Issues with Intel Evo Laptop and TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-20 10:10:02

Hello TP-Link Community,

I'm facing connectivity issues between my Intel Evo laptop and TP-Link Wi-Fi routers, and I'm seeking assistance and insights from the community to address these concerns. Your expertise and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unstable Wireless Connection: When connecting my Intel Evo laptop to TP-Link Wi-Fi routers, I experience frequent disconnections and an unstable wireless connection. The connection may drop intermittently or exhibit slow and unreliable speeds. These issues disrupt my ability to work online, stream media, or access cloud services seamlessly.

Limited Range and Signal Strength: I've noticed that the Wi-Fi signal strength and range of TP-Link routers seem to be limited when connecting with my Intel Evo laptop. Even when in close proximity to the router, the signal strength may be weak, resulting in reduced network performance and limited coverage within my home or office environment.

Inconsistent LAN Connection: When connecting my Intel Evo laptop to TP-Link routers via a LAN cable, I experience inconsistent connectivity. The LAN connection may frequently disconnect and reconnect, resulting in interrupted access to local network resources, printers, or NAS devices. This inconsistency affects my ability to transfer files or stream media reliably within the local network.

Compatibility Issues with TP-Link Router Features: I suspect there might be compatibility issues between certain features or settings of TP-Link Wi-Fi routers and my Intel Evo laptop. Specific functionalities such as Wi-Fi 6, guest network, or parental controls may not work as expected, causing potential conflicts or limited functionality when trying to optimize network performance or security.

I have attempted troubleshooting steps, including updating firmware on TP-Link routers, resetting network settings, and ensuring the latest drivers on my laptop. However, these connectivity issues persist, suggesting a potential concern specific to the interaction between Intel Evo laptops and TP-Link Wi-Fi routers.

If any members of the TP-Link community have encountered similar connectivity issues with Intel Evo laptops or have suggestions for troubleshooting and resolving these problems with TP-Link Wi-Fi routers, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Let's collaborate and find solutions to enhance the compatibility and performance of Intel Evo laptops with TP-Link Wi-Fi routers.

Thank you for your valuable input!

Best regards,

Abraham Denis 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connectivity Issues with Intel Evo Laptop and TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers
2023-06-21 03:03:40 - last edited 2023-06-21 03:04:08

@denis06 

Hi, may I know the model number, hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers? Please also let us know your network topology.

Besides, except for the Intel Evo laptop, are all the other wired and wireless client devices working fine with the TP-Link Routers?

If you connect the same Evo laptop to other router, is there any similar issues?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options