Problems with Intel Evo Laptop and TP-Link Archer C7. Any Advice?

2024-08-12 11:01:21 - last edited 2024-08-13 04:07:05
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently encountering some issues with my Intel Evo laptop and a TP-Link product. As I work through managing both hardware and network setups, I could use some advice from those with more experience.

Here are the specifics of my setup:

• Intel Evo Laptop: High-performance laptop with Intel Evo certification, equipped with the latest processors and RAM.
  • TP-Link Product: TP-Link Archer C7

The Issues:

1. Performance Challenges: My Intel Evo laptop is experiencing connectivity issues and performance slowdowns when connected to the TP-Link Archer C7. This is particularly noticeable during high-bandwidth activities or when multiple devices are connected.

2. Installation and Configuration Difficulties: I’ve run into several challenges while setting up the TP-Link Archer C7 with my Intel Evo laptop. Despite following the setup instructions, I suspect there might be lingering configuration issues impacting network performance and connectivity.

3. Integration and Compatibility Concerns: There seem to be compatibility issues between the Intel Evo laptop and the TP-Link Archer C7. These issues are affecting my ability to maintain a stable and efficient network connection.

Steps Taken So Far:

• Verified that both the Intel Evo laptop and TP-Link Archer C7 meet the necessary specifications and firmware requirements.
  • Followed the setup and configuration documentation for the TP-Link Archer C7 carefully.
  • Reviewed and adjusted network settings on both the laptop and router to improve performance.

Despite these efforts, the issues persist. Has anyone encountered similar problems with an Intel Evo laptop and a TP-Link Archer C7 or other TP-Link products? Are there specific configurations, optimizations, or troubleshooting techniques you’ve found effective? Any advice, insights, or recommended resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with Intel Evo Laptop and TP-Link Archer C7. Any Advice?
2024-08-13 04:16:03

@judywatson 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

You may connect the laptop to the 5GHz network,  and customize 5GHz settings for better performance. Or you may try to set a static IP for the laptop.

May I know your network topology? 
Can all the other wired and wireless client devices work fine with the TP-Link Routers?

Options