Archer TX20U Plus is flashing blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-21 08:27:19
Model: Archer TX20U Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Since this morning, my Archer TX20U Plus keeps flashing a blue light.

My Wi-Fi connection works fine without any issues.
But the flashing blue light is annoying me.

Anyone knows what caused this and how I can maybe solve it?
I already reinstalled the driver and unplugged the device, but this did not solve it.

With best regards,
Dylan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer TX20U Plus is flashing blue
2023-07-21 18:21:16

@DylanTX20U 

Hi,

That LED flashing is likely intentional. All the Realtek-based wireless adapters I own do that to indicate an active wireless connection.

Were you maybe using an older driver version previously? Do you remember the version you've had originally installed?

I noticed that Microsoft just recently put the Realtek driver version 5001.15.129.0 on Windows Update. So it's possible that it may be auto-updating to that driver version.

Personally I tame such annoying LED's by putting either a small sticker or small piece of adhesive tape on top of it or paint over it with a permanent marker pen.

Options
Re:Archer TX20U Plus is flashing blue
2023-07-21 18:33:34

@woozle An auto update could have caused it. I do not know my previous or current version as everything auto updates.

Putting a sticker on top will be my solution then. Thank you for the suggestion.

With best regards,
Dylan

Options