Wrong Archer MR550 label

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wrong Archer MR550 label

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wrong Archer MR550 label
Wrong Archer MR550 label
2023-07-21 16:47:47
Tags: #MR550
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I've just purschased the brand new 4G router Archer MR550 model. 

But i've noticed that on the Thether app the router model was a recoginzed as an MR500 reference ! Instead of the MR550 ! 

Does it mean the product came out with the wrong firmwate version ? Does this ca lead to a bad performances of the routeur ? 

I just tested it for a day now. I notice some instability of the 4G+ connection. In about 10 minutes it goes from 20 mbits to 60 mbits. It can reach the 100 mbits for a few seconds sometimes. But it is not smooth at all for the moment.

I was wondering if this may come from tha fact the firmware's product do not recongnise it as an MR550 ?! 

Regards,

Lyes

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wrong Archer MR550 label
2023-07-26 09:25:51

@Lyes4u 

Hi, MR550 is a remodel of MR500, the firmware is actually the same, except for the Tether App, please also check the web interface to see if it also shows MR500.

For the 4G+ issue, do you mean it sometimes works on 4G+ and sometimes works on 4G only without 4G+? If so, please refer to this post: 

Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-26 16:30:21

@Sunshine Hi,

By agregation i meant the bands agregation (combination) is not used most of the time by my MR550 router. The band agregation can be view on the router's configuration page on the status tab and most of the time it only show a single band used. (I'm refering mainly to this page to conclude that it is 'ot working properly)

Also the 4G+ is being rarely used by the router and the 4G+ led is off most of the time just like the link you have provided describes it. 

In the other hand the solution you suggest seems  meant for the MR600 (same for the agregation support list). 

The agregation support for the MR550 are not listed on the tp-link website. Could you provide it to me ? 

Options
2023-07-28 17:03:45 - last edited 2023-07-28 17:05:58

Buonasera, Io ho lo stesso problema sia di etichetta che di aggregazione bande. Impostando manualmente una banda alla volta ho segnale al 100% per entrambe ma quando le inserisco insieme non le aggrega. Inoltre l'etichetta del router mi compare come MR500 sia su app tetre che su interfaccia web del router (Versione Firmware: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220818 Rel.69350n). Cosa posso fare? Grazie mille

Options