Parental Control problem -Profile - devices won't connect after "no internet" bedtime is over

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental Control problem -Profile - devices won't connect after "no internet" bedtime is over

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 03:18:15
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set up a profiles for my kids so they don't stay up all night scrolling/gaming. The problem is that the next day once the "no internet" bedtime is over, the devices still won't connect to the internet. They show as connected to the wifi in the app, the device shows as connected to the Deco in their network centre but they can't actually connect to the internet. The only way we have found to resolve this is to delete their profile each time. Time consuming and annoying. Any suggestions?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Parental Control problem -Profile - devices won't connect after "no internet" bedtime is over
2023-07-27 09:20:35

@INIMOD77 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

Under the specific profile, except bedtime, did you also enable other settings, such as the time limit?

Have you seen this issue on different devices?

If not deleting the profile, would disconnecting/reconnecting the Wi-Fi help?

Please also change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it made any difference.

And could you please also refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Parental Control problem -Profile - devices won't connect after "no internet" bedtime is over
2023-09-11 08:33:47

@INIMOD77 

I have the same issue. Information regadring solution is highly appriciated.

Options
2023-09-12 11:29:04

@T_Ja 

Hi, have you checked whether it might be up to the Time Limits? 

Did it help to temporarily remove the device from the current parental control profile?

If possible, I hope you could add one more device under the same profile to see whether they all experienced the same issue.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-14 08:11:29

@David-TP 

I have not included any time limits, only the bedtime function.

Removing the device seems to solve the problem.

I will try to do some more tests as you suggest when I return home in about 2 weeks.

TJA

PS! I use Deco XE75, not M5 as described in the post that started this thread

Options
2023-10-30 12:19:51

@T_Ja 

I have tried the parent control functions further now. The internet access is stopped according to plan, but when bedtime is over, access is not set back on. I cannot achieve access again before I remove the units from the user.

Options