Deco M9 Plus, Guest Network unable to connect to internet (unable to receive IP address)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus, Guest Network unable to connect to internet (unable to receive IP address)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 10:39:49 - last edited 2023-07-27 12:38:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Hello,

My Deco M9 Plus has been working very well until I updated it to version 1.6.1.

After that, whenever someone tries to connect to the guest network they either get stuck in a "trying to connect"-loop before getting disconnected, or they get connected with a self-assigned IP-address with no internet connection.

I'm using the Deco in "Router Mode" and have made no specific changes to any kind of advanced configuration, neither do I have any other product/device that handles any part of the internet connection/Wi-Fi.

The "normal" Wi-Fi works well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Zantonius

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus, Guest Network unable to connect to internet (unable to receive IP address)
2023-07-28 03:04:02

@Zantonius 

Hi, Did satellite Deco M9 plus units connect to the main Deco via Ethernet cables, maybe also using a network switch?

If yes, can I have the model number of the switch?

Could you please also unplug satellite M9 plus units and check whether the guest network from the main Deco M9 Plus worked properly?

If the guest network from main Deco worked well, and there was also a smart switch, it is suggested to have a look at this link:

How to extend guest network when there is a switch between Decos

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus, Guest Network unable to connect to internet (unable to receive IP address)
2023-09-09 22:30:17

@David-TP 

I have run into the same issue. Everything was fine until updating to 1.6.1.  My main Deco is connected to the satellite via network cable through a switch. However my switch is unmanaged so based on the link you sent, I should not have to do any additional configuration.

Options
2023-09-11 01:40:57

@Nate_L 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of the network switch?

Are you able to stably reproduce this issue?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options