App cannot find E4 device when I create a new network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-01 09:11:41

Dear Support,

I am experiencing issues with setting up my Deco E4 devices using the app. A few months ago, I was able to successfully set up my M4 devices in my apartment without any trouble. However, I am currently abroad at my family's home for a month, and I've encountered problems with the two E4 devices I bought.

While I can connect to the WiFi network of the E4 device that is linked to the router, I am unable to establish a new network using the app. An additional problem is that the second E4 device isn't synchronizing with the primary device connected to the router. This means I can't connect to the WiFi of the second device, which is positioned further from the satellite device. I can only connect to the main device using the WiFi network on my phone or laptop, but the app fails to recognise it, and I can't connect to the second device at all.

I have attempted to resolve the issue by resetting the router, both devices, and even switching the devices' roles. Despite my efforts, the problem persists, and I am at a loss as to what could be causing it.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Ben

Options
1 Reply
Re:App cannot find E4 device when I create a new network
2023-08-02 03:40:02

@Ben8893 Hi, Welcome to the community.

I am a little confused about the following description here:

"While I can connect to the WiFi network of the E4 device that is linked to the router, I am unable to establish a new network using the app"

Could you please leave me a message with the MAC address of the main Deco E4?

What is the LED status on the main E4, solid white or flashing blue?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 1

Related Articles