Connected, Secured, but overnight, I'm not receiving any internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-04 21:26:44
Tags: #Windows 10
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Idk, went to the website and just got the most recent drivers.

So the other day I bought and recieved the Archer T2U Plus after my previous adapter decided to stop working. After some difficulties with setting it up, I finally got it to function as intended, and for the day or two that it was working, it was fine. But yesterday I decided to leave my computer on all night to install some games I wanted to play, and when I got up the very next morning, Steam said I wasn't connected to the internet, strange. Thinking it was just a bug on steams part, I just closed it with task manager, booted it back up, and It said I still didn't have internet access, but when looked at my Network & Internet settings, it said that my connection to my router was "Connected, Secured." Okay, weird, but nothing a simple compter restart won't fix. So I restarted my computer, waited for it to boot back on, logged in, got onto steam, then it said I still wasn't connected. HUH, weirder. So I thought I just had some weird issue with steam, so I opened up chrome to google my problem, but turns out, I'm not accessed to the internet, MH, weirderer. Okay, it must be my internet router I thought! That thing bugs out here and then, and simply unplugging it and plugging it back in would surely fix my problem!  So let's just give it a shot! Oh, How wrong I was..

I did as I described, waited for what felt like a enternity for it to boot back on, hopped back onto my computer, and it still wasn't connected to the internet, all the while Network & Settings kept on telling me "Connected, Secured" what. Okay, so then I asked to borrow my roommates internet adpater to see if his one connects to the internet, he said sure, and then I plugged it in, and then boom, I was connected to the internet all handy dandy, SO IT WAS YOU, Archer T2U Plus! I TRUSTED YOU! I put my faith into you, and this is how im repaid? How despicable. 

So, at my wits end, and too broke to buy another internet adpater, I come crawling here, groveling on my knees, begging you, wizards of TP-Link, to figure out what is wrong with my Archer T2U plus internet adapter, got any ideas? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connected, Secured, but overnight, I'm not receiving any internet.
2023-08-05 00:35:59

@TheRatMan 

Hi, 

Do you happen to have a smartphone at hand which has the wireless hotspot feature and a 3G/4G/5G data plan?
If yes, then connect you Archer T2U Plus to that smartphone hotspot and check if you can access the Internet. That should tell you if the T2U Plus has a problem or not.

What kind of Internet router are you using? Any chance that the router may have decided to block Internet access for the T2U Plus? Certain routers have DoS protection stuff built in, which sometimes happens to trigger falsely.

Options
Re:Connected, Secured, but overnight, I'm not receiving any internet.
2023-08-08 10:03:51

If so, try connecting your Archer T2U Plus to the mobile hotspot to see if you have Internet access. If the T2U Plus is malfunctioning, you should know it from that.  Is it possible that the T2U Plus has been denied connection to the Internet because of a decision made by the router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 2

Tags

Windows 10
Related Articles