X20 in access mode, I'm only connected to the main unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-16 12:35:02
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I have 2 X20, in access point mode. Network topology:
Optical cable -- Huawei optical modem/router in one device, with NAT and DHCP -- TP Link TL-SG105E switch -- Separate ethernet cables to each X20

I have placed one Deco into my living room, it is marked as Main Deco. I have another Deco in my office room. My issue is my Macbook is always connected to the living room Deco, even if I'm in the office room, placing the Macbook 30 cm near of the other Deco.

I see other devices (like room thermostats, smart plugs) nearby connected to the office room Deco, just my iPhone and Macbook are still connected to the living room Deco.

Any ideas how to solve this? Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:X20 in access mode, I'm only connected to the main unit
2022-06-17 07:30:21

@gergo2022 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Normally Deco will send information to clients and tell which node has a better signal and connection speed, suggest roaming to the nearest Deco. The devices themselves will make the final decision whether to roam or not.-Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?

Have you tried to turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the Apple devices and disconnect/reconnect to the Wi-Fi again, then walk around the house and check whether they will roam to the closest Deco unit?

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options