Urgent: Persistent Connectivity Issues with Archer C20 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-07 11:43:11
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 201214 Rel.42010n(5553)

I am writing to express my deep concern and frustration regarding the persistent connectivity issues I have been facing with my AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router, Model No. Archer C20.

For quite some time now, my router has been frequently disconnecting from the network, disrupting my online activities and causing significant inconvenience. Despite my best efforts, including installing all available firmware updates from your official website, the problem remains unresolved. What is even more disheartening is that my research online indicates that a significant number of other users are experiencing the exact same issue with this model.

I am writing to kindly request your immediate attention and intervention to rectify this situation. I firmly believe that the root cause of this problem lies within the device firmware, as I have thoroughly ruled out any issues with my ISP or cable connections. I implore your developer team to prioritize this matter and work towards finding a swift and effective solution.

The continuous disruptions to my network connectivity have not only been annoying but also detrimental to my daily routine and responsibilities. As a loyal TP-Link customer, I trust that your company is committed to delivering high-quality products and reliable services. I sincerely hope that you will live up to this reputation by addressing and resolving this issue at the earliest.

Firmware Version:0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 201214 Rel.42010n(5553)

Hardware Version:Archer C20 v5 00000005

Options
3 Reply
Re:Urgent: Persistent Connectivity Issues with Archer C20 Router
2023-08-08 03:22:07

@Mr_DDoS 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. May I know who your ISP is and what the WAN connection type is? such as PPPoE or Dynamic IP? the Archer C20 WAN port is connected to a wall port or your ISP modem?

2. How often does the issue happen? do you notice the Internet LED turning red or off on the router when you lose internet access? and will it recover automatically in a few seconds or minutes, or you have to restart the router to get internet again?

3. When the router loses internet, will all client devices still show connected but no internet access at the same time? If so, please connect a computer to the wall port or ISP modem directly to ensure the internet still works fine in the front.

4. When the router loses internet, please login the web interface of the router and check if there is still any WAN IP address on Status->WAN part, if so, please go to Network->WAN->click "Advanced" ->tick "Set DNS server manually", and then configure DNS as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then save it.

5. If problem still exists, please provide the above information and results of each troubleshooting steps, then save a system log file when it happens again on System Tools->System Log page. (Please don't restart the router before saving the logs, or the previous logs will be cleared.)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-08 09:28:05 - last edited 2023-08-08 09:28:30

@Sunshine 

This is the answer to your first question:

"I have IPS named TruNet in India. They are a well-reputed Internet service provider. After several troubleshooting attempts, it seems that the TP-Link router may have some issues with it. They provide a PPPoE connection. My TP-Link router is connected to the GPON Box of the ISP. (My ISP replaced the GPON Box with a new one, but the issue remains the same)."

This is the answer to your second question:

This frequently occurs, about 3-4 times in 1 hour. The internet goes and comes back within 45-60 seconds, causing me to get disconnected from my meetings.

This is the answer to your third question:

Yes, when the router loses internet connection, all client devices still show as connected, but there is no internet access at the same time.

Options
2023-08-08 10:59:54

@Mr_DDoS hey, we have the same problem, any updates about your issues? Im also using a pppoe connection and i always get disconnected 

Options