Persistent Intermittent Connectivity Drops with TP-Link Archer C7

3 weeks ago

Hello everyone,

If anyone has experienced similar issues with their TP-Link Archer C7 router; or any other TP-Link model;  and how you resolved it. I have been using the Archer C7 for about a year now;  and overall, it's been a solid router. Over the past month;  I have started noticing a frustrating issue with intermittent connectivity drops. These drops seem to happen randomly;  but they're most noticeable during important activities like video conferencing (Zoom, Teams, etc.), online gaming;  and HD streaming. The connection will suddenly drop for a few seconds, disconnecting devices;  and then it reconnects as if nothing happened.indecision

First, I updated the firmware to the latest version provided by TP-Link. I’ve also restarted the router multiple times;  which sometimes helps for a short period, but the issue always comes back. I reached out to my ISP;  and they confirmed that everything on their end is working fine and my speeds are as expected. I also experimented with changing the Wi-Fi channels to avoid interference from neighboring networks; but that didn’t seem to help either.

I reduced the number of connected devices and prioritized key devices using QoS settings;  but the connectivity drops continue. The router is centrally located in my home, and I am utilizing both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands depending on proximity;  yet the issue persists even when I am close to the router.

I am wondering if anyone else has faced similar connectivity issues with their TP-Link router. Could this be a hardware issue; or is there a configuration setting I might be overlooking?

Are there advanced troubleshooting steps I haven’t considered?

I’d really appreciate any advice especially if you’ve faced and solved this problem yourself.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!smiley

Thank you

nolan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Persistent Intermittent Connectivity Drops with TP-Link Archer C7
3 weeks ago

@nolanmaris 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Usually, for the unstable connection problem, it is suggested to follow this troubleshooting guide.

If the issue remains, please contact local support for further help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 1

Related Articles