Votes

Parental control on Deco M9 and Sonos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-09 10:56:54 - last edited 2023-08-10 09:43:08

I do not want childrens use of Sonos to count in overall 'usage' during the day ... is it possible to exclude Sonos from hours of usage in the Deco M9 control filters?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental control on Deco M9 and Sonos
2023-08-10 06:46:54 - last edited 2023-08-10 09:43:01

@Kossie 

Hi, can I have examples of the Sonos usage time under parental control insight?

For example, the kids' smartphones or tablets play locally stored music or audiobooks via Sonos speakers. It is supposed to work without the internet and should not be included in the online usage time.

If indeed you are talking about local communication, I think it is not possible. Both devices have access to the internet and there seems no way to force smartphones to communicate with Sonos via local path only, instead of cloud access.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-10 07:35:20 - last edited 2023-08-10 09:43:01

@David-TP Well, they listen to Spotify thru Sonos... sorry for not being precise. And I do not want to limit that... is that possible?

Options
2023-08-10 10:02:08

@Kossie 

Thanks for the reply.

I am afraid the feature is not available yet.

For Other models under HomeShield Pro, like Deco X50, there is a feature called Offtime under parental control. you could manually specify the time periods which had no internet.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-21 12:35:02

....also, when the childrens iPhones are idle and not used, Deco still registers 'usage time'... do you have to turn the device OFF to make Deco register 'no usage'...? I guess the time feature is not quite usable? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 363

Replies: 4

Voters 1