M4R mesh keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4R mesh keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4R mesh keeps dropping
M4R mesh keeps dropping
2023-08-17 04:19:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

2 years ago I bought 2 M4R decos to use as a wifi mesh, I disconnected my ISP wifi to keep it without any interference and connected both decos to the ISP router by cable.

For the last couple of months the mesh signal keeps dropping abruptly, but both decos light keep a steady white (all is ok), after a time which can be a few seconds to several minutes the signal returns. 

This happens to the phone, the smart TV or the tablet. I even had to turn the ISP wifi back on to use wifi. Both decos are updated and had been restarted manually and via app several times.

Does anyone have any idea that will help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4R mesh keeps dropping
2023-08-18 03:28:12

@luis3007 

Hi, Could you please refer to this link to help me check whether both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz had the same issue:

1. turn off the 5Ghz on the main network.

2. enable guest network with 5Ghz only on a different SSID.

Please also refer to case 3 here to turn off "Fast Roaming","Beamforming" and "Mesh Technology" to see whether it helped:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

By the way, when the devices are disconnected, are they still connected to Wi-Fi but no internet, or the Wi-Fi has been disconnected already?

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1

Related Articles