Access point through powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 14:53:02
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I firstly tried this as a normal powerline adapter, where it worked more than fine, however it's wireless setting from my understanding connected to my distant router and as such it's Wi-Fi signal was horrible, as opposed to the pc I hooked up to it with Ethernet, which used the powerline adapter. So I quickly went through the settings in the app and changed the mode to access point, assuming it would use the internet it received from the electrical wiring to provide Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Instead it does nothing. So is there any way to use the powerline adapter to provide both Wi-Fi and the Ethernet functionality? Thanks in advance 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point through powerline
2023-08-26 16:39:45

@Kostakis 

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your setup clearly. Can you confirm whether or not it is like shown on the drawing below?

What are the brand name and model numbers of the Powerline adapters you are using?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 1

Related Articles