Problem Deco e3 w

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem Deco e3 w

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem Deco e3 w
Problem Deco e3 w
2023-08-28 16:05:15
Model: Deco E3  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My net has 5 items decos.

3 m4

1 e4

1 e3

All distributed around my rooms.

The problem is, the e3, is in my room and i can check my app info," is working fine", but always zero devices connected. Even if i locate inside my room.

I suppose other items like m4 absorb all devices, so if i am correct, it is probably a problem because i am connected throw a farer device, not with my e3.

Is my e3 useless?? Or at least with zero devices connected, it is contributing other deco devices to the global home net.

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem Deco e3 w
2023-08-28 17:07:49

@Borjabmw 

My guess would be that the e3 in your room is 'too close' to another deco node, therefore when you enter your room the signal advantage isnt enough to trigger a move to the E3

Remember that in a MESH setup, when you move to the E3 you have added another HOP, to get to the internet.  This will double the latency and half the rate of transfer as data now needs to jump twice via this node.  

Therefore if your phone is connected to the M5 for example and getting 60% signal, when you enter your room there is no advantage to the system to move you to the E3 where you will get just 50% performance max..

Just my thinking!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 1

Related Articles