photos and videos doesn't load on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-01 12:28:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20210917 Rel. 45957

Hello :)

I have been using Deco M4 for more than 2 years without any problem, But a few days ago I've noticed a problem with all facebook apps (instagram, whatsapp, facebook) that doesn't load photos and videos at all, And this happened suddenly.

My deco mode was set to "Wi-Fi Router" all the time (I've tried "Access Point" mode but didn't help at all)

The story began when I wanted to connect smart Wi-Fi switch to deco, the switch supports 2.4Ghz and my deco was set to 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz, So I changed deco to 2.4Ghz and after connected the smart switch I changed it back to 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz.

Parent control is disabled, didn't play with antivirus or firewall, didn't play with DNS or any other settings.

I've tried another devices and they all have the same issue.

I have tried to set manual DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 (it worked for a couple of minutes only), And tried to change DNS back to auto and it only worked for a couple of minutes only.

My deco was connected like this all the time (even 2 years ago when I installed it for the first time and didn't have any issue back then):

Router -> Ethernet cable -> Deco -> Devices connected to deco through Wi-Fi

Worth mentioning that when I connect to main router photos & videos load without any problems, Only when devices are connected to deco.

Options
1 Reply
Re:photos and videos doesn't load on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)
2023-09-07 08:22:55

@Suleiman700 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you have a similar issue with the Ethernet connection?

If possible, I suggest that you plug one of the satellite Deco M4 and reset this unit by holding the reset pinhole for 1s. Then connect it to the ISP-supplied router, and set it up on a different Mesh with another SSID.

After that, you could connect mobile devices to the new SSID and check whether you could load photos and videos on Facebook APPs.

best regards.

Options