Getting the same Internet network in the basement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 10:02:56

Hello, I am new on this forum and also new in Internet networking. 

I live in an apartment which is on the 2nd floor. My cellar and my garage are on the -1.

I would like to have exactly the same Internet network in the basement as in my apartment so that I can manage connected items I have in the basement when I am in my apartment. I have electricity in the cellar and the garage which is on the same network as in the apartment.

I thought that using CPL AV1300 and my common electricity network would allow me to to have this, but apparently it is not the case. 

Could you help me? 

Thank you. 

Wolk4

Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting the same Internet network in the basement
2023-09-07 17:15:15

@Wolk4 

Hi,

In many countries three-phase electric power is supplied to buildings.

Have you verified that the apartment and the basement are indeed wired to the same phase (L1, L2 or L3)? If they are not, then the chances that Powerline adapters would be able to establish a connection between them are rather low.

Options
Re:Getting the same Internet network in the basement
2023-09-08 16:57:51

@woozle 

Hi and thanks for your reply. The electrical network is fine. In fact, generally i see the position of the door detector, but not always. Same with the notifications that i sometimes receive. This might also be explained by the detector itself ... So i can not trust the system.

I am going to test with an ethernet camera so that i can maximise the signal.

Let us see ...

wolk4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles