Parental Controls Stopped Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 17:16:29 - last edited 2023-09-08 09:43:43
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230728

I am having the same issue as others have commented the last couple of days, and I saw the next post, which was posted by @Sunshine, In that thread it mentions if my router's model is not in the list from the post it could be a different issue, but I dont think so.

HW Version: Archer A20 v3.0

Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230728 rel.19537(5553)

My issue started probably a few days agos, but I just found about it yesterday because I saw a device still working after the Bed Time configured for that user. What I first tried was adding my phone to that Profile and see if it was still working, and it was still working, no blocking whatsoever, tried by pausing the internt, didn't work. Then, i tried creating a new profile with new rules, no luck.

I then went to restore my router by to factory settings, reconfigured the whole system, and a new profile, and it was still the same issue.

There was an update ready for my router so I updated the firmware, and that didn't fixed the issue.

Again this was perfectly working a few days ago, and without any change it stopped working, I updated the firmware only after I noticed the issue.

One more thing blocking the device using Access Control blocking works, but parental controls dont work.

Let me know if you need more information from me.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental Controls Stopped Working-Solution
2023-09-08 09:43:38 - last edited 2023-09-08 09:43:43

@Mr_Customer 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Upon confirming with our engineers, the A20 V3 is also affected for the same reason since it is with the Homecare function as well, I've updated the post and added A20v3 in the list, please pay attention to the future update of that post.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Controls Stopped Working-Solution
2023-09-08 09:43:38 - last edited 2023-09-08 09:43:43

@Mr_Customer 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Upon confirming with our engineers, the A20 V3 is also affected for the same reason since it is with the Homecare function as well, I've updated the post and added A20v3 in the list, please pay attention to the future update of that post.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Parental Controls Stopped Working
2023-09-08 11:45:35

Thank you for the quick response  @Sunshine, I will pay attention for future updates of the post.

Options
2023-09-11 22:36:12

@Mr_Customer same here with Archer C4000.  All of sudden parent control stopped working .

Options
2023-09-12 02:15:58

@JamesZzz 

Hi, thanks for the feedback, C4000 is also homecare model and the issue is caused by the same reason, please refer to this post: HomeCare Parental Control Suddenly Stopped Working

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1028

Replies: 4

Related Articles