Deco X20 v4. vs v3 compatibility and differences

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 15:56:58
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230517

Hi there. 

I current have a Deco X20 Mesh network at home consisting of five AX1800 Deco X20. All are v4.0 and all were working fine until I recently added a sixth X20. It was fine also for about a day but then disconnected from the network suddenly and won't reconnect despite several attempts. Strange also is that when I went to unplug it, the indicator was green (I had expected it would be red?) but the Deco app still said it was offline. 

On investigation, I noticed this new hub - one of a pair purchased from Amazon as a twin pack - are Version v3.0 units. 

My question is, are the two versions compatible or could there be some conflict going on here? I noticed there is a new firmware available - 1.1.1. available Should I update the whole network with this maybe?

Many thanks if anyone can assist with this dilemma!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 v4. vs v3 compatibility and differences
2023-09-13 11:25:24

@DecoX20Dog 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Deco X20 V3 is compatible with V4.

It is suggested to update the V3 to the latest 1.1.0 firmware first:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-x20/v3/#Firmware

How to manually update the firmware via web UI: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1599/

By the way, in case it is a false alarm on the Deco APP, have you checked if the devices that are connected to Deco X20_V3 could get internet or not?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1258

Replies: 1

Related Articles