How to Safely Eject USB HDD from AX72 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-17 15:13:34 - last edited 2023-09-17 22:59:22
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230626 rel.36899(4555)

How do I safely eject a portable Hard Disk Drive attached to the USB port of my TP-Link AX5400 (archer AX72) router.

According to the online manual this is under "Advanced > USB > USB Storage Device" and click Remove.

However I don't see a Remove option on that page. Only options for Storage Status, Access Method, File Sharing, Secure Sharing, Media Sharing.

There is no single Remove or Eject option anywhere that I can see!

I've already corrupted one HDD by removing it without this feature!

Help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to Safely Eject USB HDD from AX72 router-Solution
2023-09-17 16:47:59 - last edited 2023-09-17 22:59:22

@TenaciousDEK 

Hi,

There are a few different designs of user interfaces on TP-Link routers. 

On some routers there is indeed a rectangular button labeled "Remove" located within the "USB Storage Device" menu, but on other designs there are icons you have to click that resemble a wastebin or an eject button. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to Safely Eject USB HDD from AX72 router-Solution
2023-09-17 16:47:59 - last edited 2023-09-17 22:59:22

@TenaciousDEK 

Hi,

There are a few different designs of user interfaces on TP-Link routers. 

On some routers there is indeed a rectangular button labeled "Remove" located within the "USB Storage Device" menu, but on other designs there are icons you have to click that resemble a wastebin or an eject button. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to Safely Eject USB HDD from AX72 router
2023-09-17 19:53:33

@woozle Thank you so much. In my case I was looking for the word "Remove" which wasn't actually there, and missed the eject Icon.

For anyone else with failing eyesight, the icon looks a bit like a badge with the up arrow eject symbol inside and is in the first "Storage Status" panel, below the "Modify" column.

Can't believe I didn't see that! 

It's like you go to the fridge and can't see the butter and it's there all along in front of you!

Options
Re:How to Safely Eject USB HDD from AX72 router
2023-11-30 17:50:57

@TenaciousDEK 

I do use this icon and the disk disappears from the list. I also noticed that it's still connected and powered up by router, with a diode on and a disk inside spinning.

If I then proceed and I disconnect the drive, it seems to power down unsafely with an unpleasant sound. Am I doing something wrong or it's supposed to work this way? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1073

Replies: 3

Related Articles