Extreme hot temperature Deco XE200 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 22:11:28
Model: Deco XE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
I recently installed a Deco XE200 3 pack. I was surprised by the fact that this system can only be configured via a mobile app. The web app is minimalistic and not useful for configuring the network.

What worries me is the fact that the node that serves as a router gets very hot. An annoying humming noise is also audible. The satellites become noticeably less warm and no humming noise can be heard.

I am seriously concerned about the router's temperature and now turn it off at night to prevent overheating. I am therefore considering returning the set and choosing a different brand/model.

Does anyone have similar experiences with this? Are my concerns justified?

The network seems to be working excellently.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extreme hot temperature Deco XE200 router
2023-09-19 08:32:26

@stjNetherlands 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you performed a factory reset on Deco XE200 by holding the reset pinhole for 1s?

Could you please refer to this link to set a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether it is always the first main Deco that had this issue or not?

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-09-19 19:10:19 - last edited 2023-09-19 19:10:49

@David-TP 

Thank you for your response. I now made another deco the main router and swapped the deco's places. Even now the main router becomes much hotter than when it still functioned as a satellite. The satellites get warm, but not extremely. The main router gets really hot and also smells like melting plastic.

I'm really concerned because I think there could be a serious fire hazard. This will probably also have a detrimental effect on the lifespan of these devices.

I will be forced to return the set and warn potential customers in reviews that there is a serious risk of fire due to the temperature.

The main router is connected directly to a 1Gb Ethernet port of the cable modem. One satellite is wired to the router, the other via WiFi. Total number of devices on the network 34 of which 21 via WiFi.
Options
2023-09-25 12:00:58

@stjNetherlands 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For security concerns, it would be great to unplug this unit first and since you just bought it, in case there is anything wrong with the hardware, it is suggested to contact the shop retailer to get it replaced first.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 460

Replies: 3

Related Articles