Loss of mesh network when ISP drops out and comes back

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 10:41:29

Help! I'm not good with technology! Question - each time my ISP (Sky) drops out and comes back - means that all my Decos (M series) drop out and flash red. I then cannot get them to reconnect to router without forgetting old network and recreating another new network with new password etc. I then have to reset all our phones / wireless devices (tv / Amazon Alexas etc) This has happened twice now and it takes a long time to do with 4 Decos. Is this normal? What should I do? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Loss of mesh network when ISP drops out and comes back
2023-09-20 14:02:32

@ScruffyMark Which one of Deco "M Series" are you talking about?

Also, if you already have a router, then you should run the Decos in AP mode.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-09-20 14:30:01
Hi there! Thanks for your kind reply. As usual I have got things wrong! I have three E4 units and M3W plugged in wall. I will look up this AP mode and how to do that. Cheers. This has never happened regularly - but last two times Sky packed up - the whole mesh system flashed red and I had to start again?! Really annoying
Options
2023-09-20 14:30:49
Can anyone from DECO help me out please with some really simple advice?
Options
2023-09-22 02:13:15

@ScruffyMark 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

It is not supposed to happen and Deco should be able to restore the internet connection automatically.

May I know the model number of your SKY modem?

Have you ever tried to unplug the Ethernet cable between the SKY modem and the main Deco E4, then put the cable back in to see whether it helps restore the connection?

• If not, could you please help me save a screenshot of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4 when main Deco E4 turned red?

As for the AP mode, if your SKY modem is actually a modem-router combo, you could use the SKY router as the DHCP server and put Deco into Access Point mode---How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 4

Related Articles