Converting AV1300 powerline adaptor into wireless access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-24 14:28:08
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm hoping that someone can give me step by step instructions on how to switch a powerline adaptor to a wireless access point, so we can run an ethernet from our router to our garden office and have stable wi-fi in there...

I have an initial question (which may be obvious, but I'll ask anyway).

Does the base unit need to be plugged in to power and connected to the router with an ethernet while I'm simultaneously connecting the adaptor to my laptop with another ethernet so that I can access tplinkrepeater.net? (I've tried using the Tether app on my phone, but that doesn't pick the adaptor up)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Converting AV1300 powerline adaptor into wireless access point
2023-10-24 17:24:06

@EyeDeeJay73 

Hi,

May I ask what exactly you mean by "how to switch a powerline adaptor to a wireless access point"?

Do you mean how to connect a powerline adaptor to a wireless access point?

You can buy pretty much any wireless access point and then just connect it via an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of the second TL-PA8010P unit.

And I believe the TL-PA8010P can only be managed via TP-Link's "tpPLC Utility", which can be downloaded from here https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-pa8010p-kit/ .

It cannot be managed via tplinkrepeater.net or the Tether app.

Apart from that it doesn't matter whether both units or just one unit is plugged in.

Options