Slower broadband with switch to fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-28 17:37:54

My Sky BB router is connected to an annexe where it's signal does not reach, via Ethernet cable connected to a TP Link n300 wireless access point, via two TP-Link TL-PA4010PKIT Passthrough Powerline Adapter plugs (to avoid looping over a fireplace). 

I've just upgraded to fibre. Wireless speed from the router is 140 Mb/s; however, in the annexe it's only 70 Mb/s via the TP-Link units. 

Before the upgrade, I got 66 Mb/s at the router and the same, more or less, in the annexe. 

Any idea why I'm losing so much speed please when nothing has changed physically downstream of the router? I've tried turning everything off and on. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slower broadband with switch to fibre
2023-10-28 21:04:29

@MickS 

Hi,

Most likely the Powerline connection of the TL-PA4010P KIT via the electrical wiring of the building does not allow for more than 70 Mb/s.

Options
Re:Slower broadband with switch to fibre
2023-10-31 07:53:46

@MickS 

Hi, it is recommanded to check the powerline rate between the two TL-PA4010P units, which can be affected by powerline environment, if the powerline rate is low, the actual internet speed you get from the powerline adapter will be limited as well.

Here is the explanation about powerline rate and actual speed for your reference: Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles