New broadband supplier issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-01 14:09:52 - last edited 2023-11-01 14:11:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

Ive been using my M5 Mesh system flawlessly for past 9 months or so with Virgin, getting tyhe full 350mb download speed at each node. I changed to a new supplier, Grain, 3 days ago and all Im getting now is 70 to 100mb download speed. My main node thats wired into the grain modem gets 500mb but thats where it ends. We run 2 PC's with each getting 70 to 100mb now where as we used to get a stable 350mb. Ive been on to Grains support but they dont seem to want to help, just get told to move the nodes when they have been working perfectly for past 9 months in the position they are in. Are there any settings I can change as the Grain support said they may be issues with DHCP or SSID? Ive tried changing to 5ghz only and running in access point mode but no improvement. Anyone got any advice please?

Many Thanks

David

Options
1 Reply
Re:New broadband supplier issue
2023-11-02 09:41:00

@DOH73 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are the two satellite M5 units connected to the main M5 via Ethernet cables or by Wi-Fi?

If they are connected by cables, would there be a network switch?

It is suggested to refer to this link to set a different Deco as the main unit to see whether the speed issue follows the Deco or stays in the same location:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1

Related Articles