Slow speed with WireGuard

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-07 18:19:46
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473

I've got a problem using the WireGuard VPN server (my router it's at home). When I connect (from my office, or any other place) to the VPN my max speed connection rounds 100 Mb/s (my provider gives me 600 Mb/s in the office).

I suspect it's allways connecting to the router thru the gateway of my home router. I mean, all the internet traffic it's passing thru my router at home, and I don't want. When I use, instead, OpenVPN, I get full speed. In OpenVPN I control if I want to connect to my gateway at home or not.

In WireGuard I use DNS 10.5.5.1 and I don't see any difference using 8.8.8.8, for example, or deleting the line. Also, the same when I check or uncheck use DNS in the router's webpage.

Am I missing something?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow speed with WireGuard
2023-11-08 08:03:32

@Arzua 

Hi, for the WireGuard VPN, please add a line in the conf file: table=off, then check if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-15 09:24:16

@Sunshine I have done it but... don't work yet. I've got full speed now with "Table = off", but... I can't reach my devides on the IPs "192.168.0.x". 

My config is:

[Interface]
PrivateKey = ***
Address = 10.5.5.2/32
DNS = 10.5.5.1
Table = off

[Peer]
PublicKey = ***
PresharedKey = ****
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/1, 128.0.0.0/1
Endpoint = ***.***.***:61820
PersistentKeepalive = 25

I have changed also AllowedIPs with different settings. 

Still missing something...

Options
2023-11-15 12:01:12

@Arzua 

Hi, thanks for the update.

We could try to add a static route on your office router: destination address 192.168.0.0/24, next hop 10.5.5.2, interface WAN or Internet; If it still doesn't work, please try changing Interface from WAN to LAN, then test again.

Please let us know if the above static route settings helps, if so, WAN or LAN interface is selected?

Looking forward to your update!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options