TP-Link Archer MR600 - specific services not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-09 19:34:12 - last edited 2023-11-10 08:07:12
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ‪1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220727 Rel.74013n

Hello TP-Link Community,

I'm facing a persistent issue with my TP-Link Archer MR600 router with a SIM card from KPN (dutch provider) where certain services are not connecting properly. To give you a clear picture, general web browsing works fine, but services like Discord (joining a voice channel), Github copilot, Steam for example are not functioning when accessed through the router.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Rebooted the router multiple times.
  • Signal strength is good
  • Tried updating the firmware, online does not work because of "no connection", even though I can browse the internet.
  • Also tried updating the firmware offline (with a downloaded file), but I get an error message then (I tried to upload the bin file with the latest firmware of my model)

Notably, when using the same SIM card in my phone, there are no issues with these services, which leads me to believe the router is the source of the problem.

I have tried more things like setting the DNS to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but this causes the connection to completely drop.

What could be going wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link Archer MR600 - specific services not connecting -Solution
2023-11-10 07:27:30 - last edited 2023-11-10 08:07:12

@royketelaar 

Hi, please check if there is Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status->Internet part, if not, I guess you have Internet IPv6 address, please go to Advanced->Network->Internet page, create a new profile manually and set PDP Type as IPv4 only, then check if it resolves the problem.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer MR600 - specific services not connecting -Solution
2023-11-10 07:27:30 - last edited 2023-11-10 08:07:12

@royketelaar 

Hi, please check if there is Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status->Internet part, if not, I guess you have Internet IPv6 address, please go to Advanced->Network->Internet page, create a new profile manually and set PDP Type as IPv4 only, then check if it resolves the problem.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-Link Archer MR600 - specific services not connecting
2023-11-10 08:06:18

@Sunshine Thanks a lot mate, that did the trick 😎

I indeed didn't have an IPv4 address and I added a custom profile with only IPv4, static APN and authentication type CHAP. As far as I can see everything that didn't work before now works.

Saved me a lot of time!

Options
Re:TP-Link Archer MR600 - specific services not connecting
2023-11-10 08:48:18

@royketelaar 

Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. Hope you could enjoy the internet with our product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 3

Related Articles