Network MAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network MAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network MAP
Network MAP
2023-11-12 12:01:28
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20230324 Rel.50892

Hello

Proud owner of new Deco S7 EU here. I have three pack and I have problems and issues with network map. I have seen that some Deco's have possibility to change which one is connected to which device. Thing is I want them in line like Living room - Bedroom - Main Bedroom and I have this

Tried turning of Living room and moving them around and once I even maid it. However once I turn on Living room goes back to this. Any suggestion wizadry or anything pls. any advice or help is really welcomed and appricieted. Even a promise of changing the app and allowing me to change them manually like I have seen some models and apps can.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Network MAP
2023-11-12 20:46:42

@GoranMNE 

From your screenshot, both Satellite Deco have good connection to Main Deco. Mind you, even if you manage to have the way you want: Living room - Bedroom - Main Bedroom, WiFi speed in Main Bedroom will be half or less of Bedroom. Every WiFi mesh hop cuts WiFi speeds by half (or more).

I suggest you run speed tests using device connected to Bedroom Deco and then to Main Bedroom Deco. If Main Bedroom Deco delivers WiFi speeds similar to Bedroom Deco, you have optimal configuration.

Options
Re:Network MAP
2023-11-12 21:24:01

@GoranMNE 

Thank you for your answer and time. I did speed test in both rooms and speed in Main Bedroom which is connected to Living room is 35% worse than in Bedroom (reminder they are in line Living room- Bedroom - Main bedroom ). I mean I can live with that its just the fact that these things annoy me. Some apps have this connection preference and its so easy to do that. I should be entitled to change the way my network works am I right? I am aware that S7 is on lower end on the devices they sell but its still 200 euros...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 2

Related Articles