EAP225 outdoor Connect to Deco X50 Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-13 15:01:11

Hi, 

I'm looking for assistance on connecting TP-Link AC1200 MU-MIMO Wireless (EAP225-Outdoor) to Deco X50 outdoor.

X50 located outside on garage wall and connects to 3 internal Deco X55 within the house. The one in the the centre of the house is the main controller and is connected to Virgin media Hub.

The system works without complaint and the outside deco is able to supply wifi to the furthest reaches of the garden.

However, prior to installing Deco mesh I had an Archer router and used powerline adapters to achieve the same coverage but it often dropped out and wasn't as good at speeds.

The EAP225 extender provided the coverage for end of garden and allowed a hot tub to connect to wifi and allowed monitoring of the tub. 

The hot tub is the reason for trying to link the Outdoor Deco on garage to link with the EAP225 as Iwas told the hot tub extender couldn't connect to the Deco x50.

The hot un has own range extender built in - NETGEAR

My questions:

1. Can I connect the EAP225 to Deco x50 (if so how)

2. Will the NETGEAR extender be able to connect to NETGEAR extender (if so how)

3. could I run a cable directly from deco x50 to hot tub

best regards

jurassic

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 outdoor Connect to Deco X50 Outdoor
2023-11-14 10:46:33

@Jurasiccoast12 

Hi, welcome to the community.

You might need to connect the EAP225 via an Ethernet cable to Deco X50-Outdoor. 

Does the hot hub support a cable connection? If yes, I think you could connect the hot hub via an Ethernet cable to Deco X50-Outdoor directly so we don't even need EAP225?

As for question 2, do you mean whether the Netgear extender is able to connect to Deco X50-Outdoor wirelessly?

I believe they should work, and there aren't any obvious reasons why they couldn't work together.

By the way, may I know the model number of your smart hot hub?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:EAP225 outdoor Connect to Deco X50 Outdoor
2023-11-15 09:16:25

@David-TP thank you for your response.

I connected the EAP225 to X50 outdoor and the EAP225 produced a wifi signal (2 and 5 g) . I was able to connect to these wifi channels as they don't have any security settings - I would have thought the EAP wifi channels would had used the same passwords as the current settings on the Deco?

I tried to configure the EAP225 through TP tether but I couldn't manage to set security configuration.

I will purchase further erthernet cable and run it between X50 outdoor and hot tub directly (without X50) to see if that provides the answer.

Netgear sees the X50 outdoor wifi channels and although I connect and give the hot tub a extension it still doesn't provide a signal/link for me to connect and control tub remotely. I spent several hours rebooting and using WPS but I couldn't get it to work.

all the best

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 2

Related Articles