Deco XE75 poor performance and quoality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-14 15:36:39
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Got my house connected with fiber and 100M/100M Internet service and thought it was about the time to upgrade my WLAN. I bought a 3-pack of XE75's.

Setting the WLAN up was a peace of cake but since then nothing but problems.

It's confirmed the Internet service is working as accepted. I get actually 105M/105M, thanks to my provider, when not using Deco's.

When connecting my HP Elitebook (or any other device whatsoever) with the Deco mesh I get very unstable throughput and quality. I've tried playing with the configuration and locations of the units. Distance should not be an issue. I think that even when I'm in the same room a meter a way from the main unit I get less than expected.

Today, mostly out of curiocity, I plugged in my old ASUS 4G-AC55U and what a difference! I get 100% performance even when there's several walls and even sitting in different floor. Teams meating with zero issues as with Deco the quality has been unacceptable.

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas how to fix my Deco mesh? Or is the Deco just so bad at what it is made for? I thought new mesh with all the nice features would outperform the old single wireless box but no.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 poor performance and quoality
2023-11-15 06:22:37

@AoA 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can you give some examples of the speedtest results you have got from Deco XE75?

Are the satellite Deco XE75 wirelessly connected to each other?

Would there be a plan to update the internet bandwidth later, like to 1G/s download and upload?

I checked the user manual of ASUS 4G-AC55U, it is AC1200, still WiFi 5. Compared with Asus, the WiFi 6E Deco XE75 is a little extravagant. Deco M9 Plus or Deco M5 would be a proper choice.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 482

Replies: 1

Related Articles