Deco nickname reverted back to M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-18 08:03:12 - last edited 2023-11-18 08:19:55
Tags: #nickname
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5

Hi,

I have around 20 Deco M5 forming one network, most of them connected with Ethernet backbone, and some with Wifi mesh.

The operation mode is "Access Point".

I've defined a nickname to each of them, but after couple of months, all nicknames were "lost" and reverted back to the default "M5" label.

Only the main Deco kept its nickname.

I must say that this is not the first time that it has happened, and I didn't changed anything, not even firmware upgrade.

Any advice on why it happens and how to deal with it?

Thanks a lot

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco nickname reverted back to M5
2023-11-20 03:46:35

@Hanamal 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

And here was a similar feedback last https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/641616 

Did this issue repeat quite often?

By the way, the latest firmware now is 1.7.3 for Deco M5 and have you tried to update all the Deco M5 units to 1.7.3 to see whether it helped?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco nickname reverted back to M5
2023-11-20 07:04:46

@David-TP 

Thank you for the response.

I've sent the Deco app log.

It happened coupled of times, but certainly not on a daily basis.

Regarding the firmware version - I have another network (much smaller), in which it never happened, although the fIrmware was the same in both them most of time.

As it happens rather "rarely", and considering that it is a remote location, I'm a bit catious about upgrading the firmware without a specific mention of solving this problem in the the release notes of a said firmware.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 323

Replies: 2

Tags

nickname
Related Articles