Each Morning, All Deco's loose wifi capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-29 07:22:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

Hi, every morning now, between 6.45am and 7.15 am (i have a ticket open with tplink reference 1761398) the wifi on all deco units completely collapses however this happens for about 2-6 minutes and it all starts to come back. (i've witnessed this happening with my own eyes for around 4-5 mornings in a row so far.

when this happens, anything plugged in my LAN, Functions completely normal, Only the WiFi stops.

has anyone experienced this strange behaviour, it's really annoying, and i have checked, none of my units have "scheduled reboot" turned on.

i have 2 E4 units, 3 M5 units and 2 M4 units and all on the same network.

has anyone got any ideas to explain this? it's really having a terrible effect.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Each Morning, All Deco's loose wifi capability
2023-11-30 07:14:21

@Registered55 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It might be the first time that I have received this feedback.

I see you have the Deco for a while and did this issue start recently?

Have you noticed any LED changes on the Deco as well, like from solid green/white to flashing red?

The latest firmware of Deco M4 and M5 supports ECO mode which supports Wi-Fi schedule. But I see you also have a Deco E4 that doesn't support this feature yet. But maybe it is relevant, Have you enabled any ECO settings on the Deco APP?

In the meantime, I would also suggest enabling guest network as a comparison, and move several devices on the guest network. Then check again whether the same issue would start happening to Guest network as well.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-11-30 07:14:54

@Registered55 

Jutt happend again, exactly at 7am, deco's went off and at 7.05 am everything was back up and running. It;s behaving life something is rebooting.

however just to be clear, see below, it's deffinitely off.

my system runs great, i have NO interuptions all day and all night, the only disruption is every morning for those 5-10 minutes, and now this has happended about 5 days in a row that i'm aware off...however it may off been doing before, but no one noticed.

i have virgin internet, and it's working amazing, no issues what so ever. the modem is and always has been in bridge mode, and everyone is pleased, i get no issues at all with the decos...except every morning around the 7am mark.

is there anything i can do, like can i share logs with technicle support... how can i get my system checked for issues?

Options
2023-11-30 07:21:49 - last edited 2023-11-30 07:23:06

@Registered55 

i'm not able to find any eco mode?

today, i'm actually going to replace the E4 units, as i noticed they don't really get firmware updates, going to replce them with two M5 units i recently purchused.

Options
2023-11-30 07:27:33

@Registered55 

hi, so tried to run the firmware update (although i do know everything is updated to full), but seem to be getting an error.

my internet is fine, and all decos are reporting no issues?

Options
2023-11-30 10:56:16 - last edited 2023-11-30 10:57:38

So the E4 units are replaced now with the M5's

the ECO option now shows.

i turned of the eco mode entirely, let's see what happens tomorrow.

Options
2023-12-01 07:33:53

So,

update, good news today. no reset happended, the entire system stayed good.

like i said before, all i have done was replaced the E4 units with M5's, and turned of the ECO function completely (the only option that was on was power saving).

i also put two of the M5's using wired backhaul.

early days, but today was the first morning it did not all crash out of 5-6 mornings (however my dad said that it's been crashing every morning for about 2 weeks)

Options
2023-12-04 15:15:34 - last edited 2023-12-10 10:36:17

sorry to report, my father told me it happened again today, all wifi units went offline fro around 3-5 minutes early morning, about 7am. seems the issue is not resolved.

i'm off work tomorrow, so i will pay attention to this myself.

EDIT,

everything working great now, the glitch my dad saw was just the firestick taking time to connect.

every morning all great.

either removing the E4 units, or turning of the Eco mode entirely done it.

eitherway, 6 mornings so far, no issues at all. i'm very happy (as are the family!!!)

Options