Tips - using a single Deco M9 Plus gives access to all three wifi bands for devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tips - using a single Deco M9 Plus gives access to all three wifi bands for devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-19 09:40:01 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:12:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

Hi,

I was surprised to learn the last week that using a single Deco M9 Plus lets you connect devices to both 5ghz-1 and 5ghz-2-band. I'm using the Deco in access point mode. 

I thought the 5ghz-2-band was only for use as a dedicated backhaul-band between nodes and never meant to be available to clients, but I'm connected to the 5ghz-2-band with my laptop as I'm writing this.  

Is this intended behavior or something new in later firmwares? And is this a feature found in other tri-band Deco routers? I haven't seen this mentioned as a feature anywhere in the documentation but really pleased that the Deco works like this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 357

Replies: 0

Related Articles