Range extender shows no increase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-23 09:51:44
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been trying to improve WiFi coverage from my BT Smart Hub in my next door office into the rest of the house. While I am happy to receive 60Mbps in my office it drops to just 3 at best in the lounge. I have bought three Tp-Links to try and improve reception with no effect whatever - presumably because the signal has to penetrate what is in effect an outside wall. Today however I have run 10m of ethernet cable from my office router round through to the lounge connecting up to the model as above and another which I have, WA860RE which has two antenna. Sadly again there is no improvement whatsoever. If I plug my laptop into the end I am definitely getting 60Mbps, so why can't I still get a decent signal from your products?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range extender shows no increase
2024-01-09 02:24:27

@MissMoppet 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

I noticed you mentioned that there was a 10m Ethernet cable running from the host router to 860RE. So did you set 860RE into Access Point mode?

I think your BT Smart Hub is dual-band(2.4GHz and 5GHz) but 860RE is 2.4GHz only. So if the same cable goes into the laptop directly, the speed is about 60m/s. Then the expected 2.4GHz speed from 860RE would be about 30-40m/s.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles