WIFI Range Extender HELP!

3 weeks ago - last edited Friday
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I recently purchased a tp-link TL-WA851RE WIFI range extender. I got it for better coverage for my shed for an INKBIRD 308 WIFI temperature controling device that is connected to a heater. 

My INKBIRD device connects to the home wifi but is right on the edge of range so it drops out frequently. 

The WIFI range extender appears to be working as I am able to connect my phone to the extended wifi with no problems.

But when I try to connect the Inkbird 308 WIFI to the extended wifi it will not connect. 

If anyone has had experience with the same or a similar issue I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WIFI Range Extender HELP! -Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Veryyconfused 

Make sure that you're with the latest firmware version on your WA850RE - from here.

If not, download it and update manually - here's how.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WIFI Range Extender HELP! -Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Veryyconfused 

Make sure that you're with the latest firmware version on your WA850RE - from here.

If not, download it and update manually - here's how.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 1

Related Articles