Deco x68 randomly throttles speed until Deco App is turned on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-24 14:35:15
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230727 Rel. 34108

I seem to have an issue with my Deco x68 seemingly throttling my Internet speed at random times. My Internet speed is 300 Mbps and I have a total of 4 nodes in my house (Three x68 and one Deco M4). I have no issues getting the full 300 Mbps on all three x68 nodes when it works however, for some reason it randomly throttles the speed down to less than 10Mbps pretty often. I have troubleshooted the following since this occurred:

- Turned off and on all the nodes.

- Rebooted the network.

- Updated to the latest firmware.

- Tested the speed via the main node only (turned off all satellite nodes).

- Tested the speed from the main modem to ensure it isn't a modem issue.

- Turned off QoS.

- Turned on QoS and set to max speed of 1000 Mbps.

I've tried all these and nothing seemed to have helped identify what the issue is. What I did however found out as band-aid solution is whenever I open the Deco app from my phone and click on any of the individual Nodes pages which displays the list of devices currently connected to the node, the full 300 Mbps speed will somehow return. Everytime I get this throttling behaviour, the only way to bring the speeds back is to view the Node details page from within the Deco App. Opening the Deco App and viewing the homepage isn't sufficient. I have to actually tap one of the nodes and once I'm viewing the node page, the speeds return. This led me to believe this is some kind of firmware issue rather than a hardware one. Any thoughts? I have a video recording of this behaviour where I will do a Ookla Speedtest of the throttled speed when it happened, and then I showcase the full speeds returning upon opening the Deco App Node page. However, I can't seem to upload it here as it is too big of a file size. I do however managed to grab the system logs as I did the video recording of the behaviour. Hopefully that could help in finding out the solution to this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

File:
log-2023-12-24.pdfDownload
Options