If host router change channel (auto) will extender loose connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-31 11:19:06 - last edited 2023-12-31 18:46:15

If host router change channel will tp-link range extender loose connection? Now I'm using old Asus extender and this is happening all the time, then i have to manually change to new channel in extender settings each time. For reason host router must be set on auto otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. Thank you 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:If host router change channel (auto) will extender loose connection? -Solution
2023-12-31 16:11:21 - last edited 2023-12-31 18:46:15

@Dadori 

Hi,

I have owned a few wireless range extenders over the years and they all followed the router's channel automatically. I actually thought that would be standard behavior.

Of course, the connection through the range extender will be lost for a little while after the router changed the channel. Out of interest I just tested this myself using a model RE305 and the result was that it took about one minute until a connection to the Internet was possible again.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:If host router change channel (auto) will extender loose connection? -Solution
2023-12-31 16:11:21 - last edited 2023-12-31 18:46:15

@Dadori 

Hi,

I have owned a few wireless range extenders over the years and they all followed the router's channel automatically. I actually thought that would be standard behavior.

Of course, the connection through the range extender will be lost for a little while after the router changed the channel. Out of interest I just tested this myself using a model RE305 and the result was that it took about one minute until a connection to the Internet was possible again.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 1

Related Articles