Wireless clients show up as wired

Wireless clients show up as wired

13 Reply
Re:Wireless clients show up as wired
2024-01-12 09:15:52

@Bmca I have the same problem - plus a bunch of others. 
Currently I'm using Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230620 rel.40495(4555) and Tether 4.4.2
A technician from TP-Link has been remote checking my router twice with a beta firmware - but still problems.
There has to be a new firmware with fixes soon - and maybe some new features like app blocking and so on.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/644558

Options
2024-01-15 10:43:57

@Bmca 

Hi, I've sent you a private message to collect App logs, please have a check, thanks a lot!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-03 23:49:26

@Bmca 

I have the same problem on an NF20Mesh.  The situation does not occur if the NS02 Satellite is turned off or out of range of the device, so it seems that the firmware is incapable of recognising the connection type when connected through the NS02, indeed the NS02 itself appears as a wired device.

Another problem with this router is "Band Steering".  Letting the router decide whether to connect via 2.4G or 5G is scrappy at best.  I have several devices (2.4G only) that sometimes refuse to connect when band steering is enabled.  It's safer to configiure dual SSiD's and you decide which to connect to.

Options