Not able to deactivate 50GHz band on Deco X20 mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-02 10:36:22 - last edited 2024-01-08 11:27:52
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

A while ago (probably several firmware updates ago) I was  able to temporary deactive 5GHz as this is requried for adding smart home devices. But now I am not able to do this as the system automatically select both 2.4 and 5. I also discovered that I am no longer able to add Guest network. I can do the changes in the app, but when I do a restart of my  system it all goes back to no guest network and both 2.4 and 5 bands.

I have 6 units in my setup, 3 units is hardware version 1.0 and 3 units are hardware version 1.2. All have the latest firmware version (1.2.3 Build 20230906 Rel. 41655  and  1.5.2 Build 20230908 Rel. 33060).

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not able to deactivate 50GHz band on Deco X20 mesh network-Solution
2024-01-05 08:31:01 - last edited 2024-01-08 11:27:52

Hi!

I did a chat with your customer service, and the recommendation after some troubleshooting was to do a full factory reset of all units and start over again. That solved the issue! But for anyone else finding this case on the community; I also had to uninstall the app after setting up the new network as I lost the possibility to do anything immediately after setting the network up again. But I know it was not the app failing in the first instance as I tried downloading the app to another mobile (another OS) to try that.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Not able to deactivate 50GHz band on Deco X20 mesh network
2024-01-04 10:00:02

@ovelaur 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Are you able to stably reproduce this issue?

If you check the wireless settings under Guest network, did you set "Duration" under Guest network as "Auto" or "Always"?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Not able to deactivate 50GHz band on Deco X20 mesh network-Solution
2024-01-05 08:31:01 - last edited 2024-01-08 11:27:52

Hi!

I did a chat with your customer service, and the recommendation after some troubleshooting was to do a full factory reset of all units and start over again. That solved the issue! But for anyone else finding this case on the community; I also had to uninstall the app after setting up the new network as I lost the possibility to do anything immediately after setting the network up again. But I know it was not the app failing in the first instance as I tried downloading the app to another mobile (another OS) to try that.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 271

Replies: 2

Related Articles